Continuing Education - Register Now
ServiceMaster of Calgary is pleased to offer Alberta Insurance Council Accredited Seminars through our Continuing Education program. Our continuing education workshops can help you and your staff better understand the guiding principles and best practices of restoration. These courses are free of charge to those working in the insurance and property management industries.
Each course provides 2.75 hours of continuing education credits. Classes will be held at our offices at 920 26 Street NE where you can experience our on-site disaster restoration simulator.
Register below for your chosen date and we will be in contact shortly to confirm course arrangements. If you require a class for a group within your company, we can provide a custom class to meet your needs. Please contact Joan Montgomery at 403-536-4553 if you have any questions.
ServiceMaster of Calgary's Continuing Education Curriculum - Details
- Water Damage Mitigation (Accredited #7067) - overview of how water can damage carpet, wood floors and other building materials, how long until damage occurs and what steps can be taken to reduce or minimize the damage.
- Smoke and Odour Damage Mitigation (Accredited #7068) - reviews how acid gases flow throughout a home, the damage this causes and what should be done about it. This course will review the proper smoke mitigation steps, which can reduce the loss.
- Mold Remediation (Accredited #7066) - introduces the science of mould and explores the potentially harmful effects of mould on building materials and occupants. Participants will learn how mold grows, how it spreads and procedures such as containment, negative air and the proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Restorative Structural Drying (Accredited #43981) - explains the principles of drying and dehumidification. Mold growth, the use of antimicrobials and odor control will also be covered.
- Mitigating Personal Property Packout Claims (Non Accredited) - demonstrates how technology is enabling the restoration professional to manage and track packout inventory, movement and restoration better than ever before, while giving the homeowner or business manager a sense of security about the process.
- Water Mitigation for Modular Homes (Non Accredited) - focuses on the differences between the two types of manufactured homes, mobile and modular, and the unique construction features that may impact decisions made during water mitigation.
- Ethics - If You Don't Live It You Don't Believe It (Non-Accredited) - designed to provide a practical look at ethical decision-making. Instead of relying on "gut feel," the process contained in this program takes the decision-maker through several filters, to ensure all parties affected by the decision will be considered.
- Reducing Severities Through an Understanding of Furniture Damage & Restoration (Non Accredited) - This three-hour seminar for insurance professionals educates the participants on the various causes and types of damage that can occur to fine furniture and wood surfaces in a property loss situation.
- Subrogation Reporting on Mitigation Claims (Non Accredited) - This course is to help agents and adjusters control claims costs through subrogation investigation and reporting, and to teach them the value of mitigation first responders in achieving this objective.