According to a report from the Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC), insured damage for floods, windstorms, ice storms and tornadoes reached $1.9 billion in 2018.
Every commercial building is different, but each one is at risk for water damage. Although there may be safety measures in place to keep your commercial property protected, problems like burst pipes, frozen plumbing lines or backed up drains can’t always be prevented.
The experts at ServiceMaster Restore want to ensure you have the facts when it comes to commercial property water damage.
Alert Ready is a national service designed to deliver critical and potentially life-saving emergency alert messages to Canadians. Emergency alerts are distributed on radio, TV and now, most recently ,on compatible wireless devices to help ensure the public has the critical information they need in emergencies to take necessary precautions to protect themselves and their families.
While barbequing is a favourite summer past-time for many Canadians, along with it comes an increased risk of fire to your home and surrounding property. Follow these BBQ safety tips to prevent fire and smoke damage the next time you light up the grill.
If you recently experienced any kind of water damage to your carpets, be cautious – a remaining musty odor could do more than simply stink. Lingering water damage smells could indicate the continued growth of mold or mildew, which thrives in damp conditions. Protect your carpets and your health by learning how to get rid of musty smells in your home safely, using these tips from ServiceMaster Restore®.
More from our blog
- WATER-RELATED DAMAGE IS ON THE RISE
- Flood Preparedness Tips for Your Home and Business
- Seven Years of Supporting Rogers Run for L'Arche
- Winter Fire Safety Tips
- ServiceMaster Restore Sponsors the Scotties Tournament of Hearts for Fourth Year
- Celebrating 65 Years
- PREVENTING WATER DAMAGE IN YOUR HOME
- Common Causes of Basement Flooding
- Flood Preparedness. Are you ready?
- Home Fire Safety and Prevention
- ServiceMaster Restore Continues Diamond Sponsorship of Scotties Tournament of Hearts
- What To Do When Your Basement Floods
- Mold Prevention after Water Damage
- Is There a Difference Between Mold and Mildew?
- Proud Sponsor of the 2016 Scotties Tournament of Hearts
- Reduce the Risk of Basement Flooding
- Protecting Your Home From The Perils Of Water: Gutters, Eaves & Downspouts